The ESRC have helpfully filmed a set of presentation on different research methods that were given at the recent Research Methods Festival. These are an absolutely invaluable set of resources.
· What are electronic data collection methods?
· What is event history analysis?
· What is multilevel modelling?
· What is narrative interviewing?
· What is propensity score matching?
· What is the regression discontinuity approach?
· What is social network analysis?
In the list you might notice “What is online research?” which was given by me and Jane Wellens.