AGCAS have just produced a brilliant issue of their Phoenix journal. It focuses on concepts that should be banned in career development and is lively, amusing and generally right about all of the things that should be banned.
So what should be banned? Well…
- JS Davison says elitist recruitment practices
- I say “employers” (and that they should be replaced with “workers”)
- Chris Phillips says the careers module, CV clinics and generational theory\
- Peter Sewell and Lorraine Dacre say “employability”
- Martin Pennington says the commodification of the student experience
- Gareth Hughes says the question “what do you want to do when you grow up?”
- Mark Stow says the careers adviser
Surely that little list has got you hooked?