We have just published a new report for Teach First.
Hooley, T., Watts, A.G., Andrews, D. (2015). Teachers and Careers: The Role Of School Teachers in Delivering Career and Employability Learning. Derby: International Centre for Guidance Studies, University of Derby.
The report looks at the role of teachers in relation to the provision of career support in schools. It argues that there are six main roles that a teacher can play: career informant; pastoral support; within subject teaching; teaching career and employability learning, leading career and employability learning and acting as a supportive senior leader.
Teach First launched the report last night and have written an organisational response to the paper, setting out their plans for how they are going to use it.
The launch of the report received a bit of press.
- TES, Teachers are a crucial part of the careers advice puzzle
- BBC, All schools need trained careers teachers
- CIPD, Charity calls for trained careers teachers in every school
- Virtual College, Schools should have trained careers teachers
- Apprentice Eye, Teach First calls for schools to have trained careers teachers