At Adviza we are seeking two new Trustees to join the Board from the start of 2022.
Adviza is Adviza is a charity dedicated to supporting young people and adults to successfully progress in their life, learning and work. It helps people improve their lives through work and training, using a mixture of one-to-one support and group programmes. These include careers guidance for school students and our delivery of the National Careers Service to adults and young people in the South West and Oxfordshire.
Adviza is also involved in delivering a number of services and projects that help young people who are not in education, employment or training to grow their confidence and motivation, gain qualifications and improve their prospects.
Trustees are responsible for the governance of the charity and for providing fresh ideas to help take things forward. We are looking for Trustees who have:
- an ability to reflect the communities we are trying to reach;
- experience of working in the community or with disadvantaged groups;
- a great network that they can use to support the work of Adviza;
- experience of influencing decision makers and funders;
- senior experience in business or policy making; or
- relevant personal, voluntary or professional knowledge and experience.
We particularly encourage applications from young people, from people who have a BAME background, who live and work in the South West and who have had direct experience of using Adviza’s services.
To apply visit the Adviza website. The deadline for applications is the 30th September 2021.
I would be happy to have an informal conversation with anyone who is interested and wants to find out more.