I am available to supervise or examine doctorates. I am currently supervising doctoral work on:
- Careers, career guidance and the gig economy
- Graduate career transitions and social media
- Employer engagement in higher education
- Careers education in schools and the future of work
- The return on investment of career education and guidance
Researchers that I have supervised have completed theses on the following subjects.
- Business leaders: Career capital and role transitions
- The career journeys of graduates from Orkney and Shetland
- Communities that care: an insight into male career patterns in a small neighbourhood
- How teachers conceive their role when working with Generation Z pupils in a technological learning environment
- No culture for career: Conceptualisations of career as a cultural phenomenon and as experienced by tenth graders and career counsellors in Norway.
- Parental involvement in career education and guidance in senior general secondary schools in the Netherlands
- Youth mentoring across professional settings: a pedagogic approach to social inclusion
I have examined 10 doctoral theses (4 PhD and 6 professional doctorates).