A new Parliamentary Committee, the Sub-Committee on Education, Skills and the Economy, formed by members of the Education Committee and the Business, Innovation and Skills Committee, has launched an inquiry looking at careers advice, information and guidance.
The inquiry is currently calling for written submissions which address the following points.
- The quality and impartiality of current provision
- How careers advice in schools and colleges can help to match skills with labour market needs
- The role of the new Careers and Enterprise Company and its relationship with other bodies such as the National Careers Service
- The balance between national and local approaches to careers advice
- Careers advice and apprenticeships
- The potential for employers to play a greater role in careers advice
I think that it is really important that as many people as possible make a submission to the inquiry explain what the issues are.
The deadline is the 20th January 2016.