I’ve just been sent this presentation by Ipsos MORI. It is well worth a look.
Some key findings
- Most leading employers don’t believe that Britain’s education system delivers the skills needed by business.
- Most teachers don’t believe that vocational qualifications have equal status with academic qualifications.
- A third of businesses say that school leavers are not well prepared for work.
- Most year 11 students would like a range of career support and work experience.
- Most young people feel that everyone should have access to career support and work experience.